Experienced Texas trusts and estates attorneys
With 30 years of experience, M. Sheppard Strong possesses in-depth knowledge about all aspects of trusts and estate issues, including:
- Estate planning
- Estate tax issues
- Executorship duties
- Living wills
- Living trusts
- Probate and will disputes
- Wills drafting and execution
M. Sheppard Strong can advise you on the best approach to your estate planning. We thoroughly analyze your estate and strategize the best means of transferring your assets, minimizing taxes, establishing guardianship for your children, supporting personal philanthropic causes and protecting your loved ones. We can draft a will that reflects your desires and establish living trusts if they would be beneficial to your estate.
We apply our extensive knowledge about Texas probate court to guide you through the complex process of probating a will. We assist executors in all steps of the process, including:
- Creating a plan of action to probate the estate fairly and expeditiously
- Filing the will with the probate court in Texas
- Closing and opening bank accounts
- Transferring assets from the deceased to the estate
- Valuating the estate
- Managing and liquidating assets as appropriate
- Paying taxes and other debts
- Locating beneficiaries
- Hiring professionals and experts when necessary
When disputes occur between beneficiaries, we successfully represent your interests. We have the extensive knowledge to challenge invalid wills or to defend valid wills against the improper assertions of dissatisfied beneficiaries. We can negotiate between beneficiaries to preserve relationships or fastidiously pursue your rights in court when necessary.
Contact a meticulous estate planning lawyer
M. Sheppard Strong serves clients in Austin and throughout Travis and Williamson Counties. Call the firm at 512-320-9144 or contact us online.